As part of our continued growth we are looking to expand our Infrastructure Resolver Group team in Warwick; we are looking for experienced 2nd and 3rd line Infrastructure Support Engineers with excellent customer services skills, the right technical aptitude and a desire to continue to deliver the outstanding service and support that our customers have come to expect.
As part of a small multidisciplinary Resolver Group team you will provide support to our customers and their ICT systems by providing general infrastructure support, maintenance and systems management activities as well as working on incidents and service requests to defined SLAs.
Depending on your skills and experience you will undertake a range of 2nd and 3rd line activities (and a range of other ITIL aligned duties) as part of the team, including…
- Completing incidents & service requests to agreed SLAs
- Undertake defined support activities including performing scheduled maintenance (controlled upgrades and fixes); problem diagnosis and root-cause analysis; resolving subsequent issues within agreed parameters; and handing-off to other resolve groups and third parties when needed
- Provide end-user support and assistance for more complex desktop, office and other end-user computing tasks
- Work within our ITIL aligned processes such as major incident management, change management and problem management
- Maintain and update knowledge-base articles, technical support documentation and operational procedures
- Assist the Project Team with infrastructure builds, server, storage and network configuration
- Answering telephone calls, monitoring emails and logging tickets to agreed SLAs to assist the Service Desk at busy times
- Provide lifecycle support and keep customers informed of progress at all times
- You may on occasion be required to work on customer sites
The role requires excellent customer service skills and an ability to communicate with customers at all levels, along with patience, understanding and the ability to proactively take responsibility for end-user’s problems.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED TO SUCCEED
You will be a confident, pro-active self-motivated person, who is experienced working under pressure in a fast-paced environment. You will be able to follow processes and procedures correctly with minimum oversight, you will work independently as well as part of a multi-skilled team and you must be prepared to work differing shift patterns including occasional evenings and weekends.
You will ideally be experienced in dealing with technical software, network and hardware incidents. The ideal candidate will be motivated to take advantage of internal training and support the business in maintaining our Microsoft Gold Partnership status by keeping up-to-date with the latest Microsoft certifications.
The position will involve the following areas of responsibility, you will…
- Be able to work as part of a multidisciplinary team that supports our Service Desk & Projects Teams by providing reactive, proactive and planned support activities; escalating and working with vendors and third parties as required.
- Be able to configure, support and maintaining a wide range of technologies including; Microsoft Server Operating Systems, UNIX/ Linux & Mac-OS operating systems, cloud platform configuration and management including Azure & AWS, virtualisation platform management including Hyper-V, Microsoft Desktop/ hosted-shared desktop / VDI platform administration, firewalls and information security products, LAN/ WAN/ VLAN, Office 365 administration, VoIP (Polycom & Skype for Business) administration and support.
- Be responsible for resolving incidents and service requests within contracted SLAs.
- Take ownership of queries raised, ensuring a proactive response is provided through efficient and effective communication with internal and external stakeholders within required service levels.
- Maintain accurate audit trails of contact and outcomes and to support with the maintenance of appropriate departmental MI and record keeping using the system provided.
- Identify trends and troubleshoot, diagnose and rectifying technical problems and queries ensuring knowledge is captured and used to prevent repeat issues.
- Effectively communicate with customers and end-users.
- Utilise appropriate questioning and listening skills to identify and offer appropriate solutions.
- Successfully establish and maintain partnerships with others through effective interpersonal skills.
- Manage third party vendors and suppliers, logging and escalating calls with third parties where required, ensuring communication back to the customer
- Stay up to date with competitive products; provide training and guidance to Service Desk staff and have an interest in how ICT can be used to improve our customer’s businesses.
We are looking for people that can demonstrate the required technical and customer services skills therefore the following experience is advantageous…
- Working within a managed service provider environment
- Knowledge of configuring, supporting and maintaining a range of technologies from multiple vendors including; Microsoft Azure, AWS, SonicWALL, Cisco, VMWare, Parallels, Veeam, Office 365
- Understanding of server, storage and network hardware
- Experience in using monitoring and remote management tools
- Proven experience in setting up and maintaining AD and managing permissions
TECHNICAL CERTIFICATIONS DESIRABLE
- NVQ IT
- GNVQ IT
- City and Guilds
- MS Certificate(s)
- GCSE A-C
- A Level A-C
- Graduate in an IT related subject
Please note: this role is based in our Warwick office therefore we are looking for candidates that are able to easily commute and commit to our shift and work patterns. Whilst we try and provide feedback, unfortunately we are unable to respond individually to each applicant. If you do not hear from us within 14 days of submitting your details you may assume you have not been selected on this occasion. We have an approved supplier process so no recruitment agencies please.
Apply for this position