As part of our continued growth we are looking to expand our Project delivery team in our Essex office; we are looking for experienced Project Engineers with excellent customer services skills, the right technical aptitude and a desire to continue to deliver the outstanding service and support that our customers have come to expect.
As part of a small multidisciplinary Projects team you will provide customers with a professional project delivery service working on a wide variety of IT projects. The successful candidate will be accountable for ensuring projects are completed within the planned schedule and within budget.
Examples of recent projects include:
• Office 365 implementation and migrations
• Core infrastructure upgrades and installations
• Virtualisation of customer’s existing environments
• Migrations from VMware to Hyper-V
• Network upgrades
• Firewall set up and configuration
• Workplace productivity and transformation projects
The role requires excellent customer service skills and an ability to communicate with customers at all levels, along with patience, understanding and the ability to proactively take responsibility for technical project delivery, customer training and hand-over to support.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED TO SUCCEED
You will be a confident, pro-active self-motivated person, who is experienced working under pressure in a fast-paced environment. You will be able to follow processes and procedures correctly with minimum oversight, you will work independently as well as part of a multi-skilled team and you must be prepared to work occasional evenings and weekends.
You will ideally be experienced in implementing software, network and hardware projects. You will be able to configure, support and maintaining a wide range of technologies as well as work with vendors and third parties. You will successfully establish and maintain partnerships with others through effective interpersonal skills and stay up to date with competitive products. You will also be required to provide training and guidance to Service Desk staff and have an interest in how ICT can be used to improve our customer’s businesses.
The ideal candidate will be motivated to take advantage of internal training and support the business in maintaining our Microsoft Gold Partnership status by keeping up-to-date with the latest Microsoft certifications. You will also need to be willing to learn new skills and have the drive to take on new challenges and makes things happen.
We are looking for people that can demonstrate the required technical and customer services skills as well as applied knowledge of configuring, supporting and maintaining a range of technologies from multiple vendors including…
• End-user computing: Microsoft and Apple operating systems, Office and Office 365 plus mobile device management systems.
• Messaging and collaboration: Exchange, Skype for Business, SharePoint and other Office 365 applications.
• Servers & Virtualisation: Microsoft Operating Systems, Linux and OS-X, Hyper-V, VMware, Parallels and Veeam
• Storage & Data-security: NAS / SAN / Backup technologies and Anti-virus systems
• Cloud Services: Microsoft Azure and AWS
• Network Services: SonicWALL and Netgear devices, with a broad understanding of switches, routing and firewall configurations
• Database Services: SQL Server experience preferable
• Web Services: SSL certificates, IIS, Apache, PHP, MySQL, FTP
TECHNICAL CERTIFICATIONS DESIRABLE
• NVQ IT
• GNVQ IT
• City and Guilds
• COMPTIA+ (Assures the below)
• MS Certificate(s)
• GCSE A-C
• A Level A-C
Zenzero is the leading provider of managed IT services and support for small and medium sized businesses.
We use proven technologies to deliver integrated infrastructure, workplace transformation and security information & compliance solutions. We provide robust, long-term and scalable solutions that enable our customers to make the most of their financial and human resources, through technological investment.
With a wealth of experience in providing professional IT products, services and support to small and medium sized businesses, Zenzero are ideally placed to offer the IT advice to support business needs to succeed. Our partnerships with market-leaders such as Microsoft and Dell as well as a number of cloud and security providers enable Zenzero to tailor the support to suit our clients’ exact requirements.
Zenzero has been trading since 2004, and has established an enviable reputation for the quality of our services. From supplying and installing new hardware, to providing server support, application development and data and network security solutions, we offer the complete range of services to our clients – all for a price which offers unbeatable value for money.Apply for this position