As part of our continued growth we are looking to expand our Infrastructure Resolver Group team in Warwick; we are looking for experienced 2nd and 3rd line Infrastructure Support Engineers with excellent customer services skills, the right technical aptitude and a desire to continue to deliver the outstanding service and support that our customers have come to expect.
As part of a small multidisciplinary Resolver Group team you will provide support to our customers and their ICT systems by providing general Infrastructure support, maintenance and systems management activities as well as working on Incidents and Service Request to defined SLAs.
Depending on your skills and experience you will undertake a range of 2nd and 3rd line activities, including…
• Completing Incidents & Service Requests to agreed SLAs
• Undertake defined support activities including performing Scheduled Maintenance (controlled upgrades and fixes), Problem diagnosis and Root-cause Analysis, resolving subsequent issues within agreed parameters, handing-off to other Resolve Groups and third parties when needed
• Provide end-user support and assistance for more complex Desktop, Office and other End-user Computing tasks
• Work within our ITIL aligned processes such as Major Incident Management, Change Management and Problem Management
• Maintain and update Knowledge-base articles, technical support documentation and operational procedures
• Assist the Project Team with infrastructure builds, server, storage and network configuration
• Answering telephone calls, monitoring emails and logging tickets to agreed SLAs to assist the Service Desk at busy times
• Provide lifecycle support and keep customers informed of progress at all times
• You may on occasion be required to work on customer sites
The role requires excellent customer service skills and an ability to communicate with customers at all levels, along with patience, understanding and the ability to proactively take responsibility for end-user’s problems.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED TO SUCCEED
You will be a confident, pro-active self-motivated person, who is experienced working under pressure in a fast-paced environment. You will be able to follow processes and procedures correctly with minimum oversight, you will work independently as well as part of a multi-skilled team and you must be prepared to work differing shift patterns including occasional evenings and weekends.
You will ideally be experienced in dealing with technical software, network and hardware incidents. The ideal candidate will be motivated to take advantage of internal training and support the business in maintaining our Microsoft Gold Partnership status by keeping up-to-date with the latest Microsoft certifications.
We are looking for people that can demonstrate the required technical and customer services skills therefore the following experience is advantageous…
• Working within a Managed Service Provider environment
• Knowledge of configuring, supporting and maintaining a range of technologies from multiple vendors including; End-user computing, Messaging and Collaboration, Servers & Virtualisation, Storage & Data Security, Cloud Services, Network Services and Database Services
• Understanding of server, storage and network hardware
• Experience in using monitoring and remote management tools
• Proven experience in setting up and maintaining AD and managing permissions
TECHNICAL CERTIFICATIONS DESIRABLE
• NVQ IT
• GNVQ IT
• City and Guilds
• COMPTIA+ (Assures the below)
• MS Certificate(s)
• GCSE A-C
• A Level A-C
Please note: this role is based in our Warwick office therefore we looking for candidates that are able to easily commute and commit to our work patterns as well as travel to our customers sites. Whilst we try and provide feedback, unfortunately we are unable to respond individually to each applicant. If you do not hear from us within 14 days of submitting your details you may assume you have not been selected on this occasion. We have an approved supplier process so no recruitment agencies please.Apply for this position