As part of our continued growth we are looking to expand our Field Services team in Basildon; we are looking for Field Services engineers with excellent customer services skills, the right technical aptitude and a desire to continue to deliver the outstanding service and support that our customers have come to expect.
As part of a small Field Services team you will support our customers and their end-users by providing general advice and guidance as well as working on Incidents and Service Request that cannot be completed remotely by our Service Desk. You will need to work to defined SLAs as well as assisting our Project teams with deployments and other installation activities.
Depending on your skills and experience you will undertake a range of activities including…
- Building and configuring end-user-computing devices like desktops, laptops and tablet devices to agreed standards
- Visit customer sites to complete scheduled activities like installations, desk moves, upgrades and changes as well as other planned activities
- Visit sites to provide reactive support including support for Network, Server and Storage equipment located on customer sites – this includes acting as remote-hands for our Resolver Groups
- Providing end-user support and assistance for typical Desktop, Office and other End-user Computing tasks
- Completing Incidents, Service Requests and other defined activities including performing Proactive Checks, basic Event Triage and resolving subsequent issues within agreed parameters, handing-off to other Resolve Groups and third parties when needed
- You may also be assigned to a specific customer site for longer periods of time to provide deskside support – this is a key part of the role and requires a consultative approach to supporting users and may include delivering end-user training
- When not visiting customer sites you will work from a Zenzero office and provide general support services
The role requires excellent customer service skills and an ability to communicate with customers at all levels, along with patience, understanding and the ability to proactively take responsibility for end-user’s problems.
What you’ll need to succeed
You will be a confident, pro-active self-motivated person, who is experienced working under pressure in a fast-paced environment. You will be able to follow processes and procedures correctly with minimum oversight, you will work independently as well as part of a multi-skilled team and you must be prepared to work differing shift patterns including occasional evenings and weekends.
You will ideally be experienced in dealing with technical hardware and software incidents. The ideal candidate will be motivated to take advantage of internal training and support the business in maintaining our Microsoft Gold Partnership status by keeping up-to-date with the latest Microsoft certifications.
- The position will involve the following areas of responsibility, you will…
- Be responsible for completing site-based activities to SLA and to the required standards.
- Be responsible for building, configuring and installing equipment and in providing training to end-users as part of the deployment process.
- Take ownership of queries raised, ensuring a proactive response is provided through efficient and effective communication with internal and external stakeholders within required service levels.
- Maintain accurate audit trails of contact and outcomes and to support with the maintenance of appropriate departmental MI and record keeping using the systems provided.
- Identify trends to support with the effective management of root cause analysis and risk mitigation.
- Effectively communicate with customers and end-users
- Utilise appropriate questioning and listening skills to identify and offer appropriate solutions.
- Successfully establish and maintain partnerships with others through effective interpersonal skills.
- Troubleshoot, diagnose and rectifying technical problems and queries and where possible resolving whilst on site.
- Set up new user accounts & profiles, set up and configuring new laptops and desktops to agreed standards and specific builds.
- Install authorised software on laptops and desktops.
- Manage third party vendors and suppliers, logging and escalating calls with third parties where required, ensuring communication back to the customer..
We are looking for people that can demonstrate the required technical and customer services skills therefore the following experience is advantageous…
- Working within a Managed Service Provider environment
- Knowledge of MS Office 365 Applications
- Experience in Autotask/AEM or another ITSM tool (Service Centre/Remedy)
- Experience with Windows 7, 8 & 10, Windows Server 2008 / 2012, 2016, Mac OSX
- Active Directory Basics i.e. Password Reset
- Understanding of workstation hardware, including installing PCs and printers.
- Mobile Device Configuration
- Basic VPN experience
- Basic Networking principles TCP/IP
- RDP or Remote access tool experience
- Basic understanding of Setting up and maintaining users and managing permissions.
- Basic understanding of Anti-Virus software/Anti-Spam solutions
- Troubleshooting and assisting with Internet related problems
Technical Certifications Desirable:
- NVQ IT
- GNVQ IT
- City and Guilds
- COMPTIA+ (Assures the below)
- MS Certificate(s)
- GCSE A-C
- A Level A-C
Zenzero is the leading provider of managed IT services and support for small and medium sized businesses.
We use proven technologies to deliver integrated infrastructure, workplace transformation and security information & compliance solutions. We provide robust, long-term and scalable solutions that enable our customers to make the most of their financial and human resources, through technological investment.
With a wealth of experience in providing professional IT products, services and support to small and medium sized businesses, Zenzero are ideally placed to offer the IT advice to support business needs to succeed. Our partnerships with market-leaders such as Microsoft and Dell as well as a number of cloud and security providers enable Zenzero to tailor the support to suit our clients’ exact requirements.
Zenzero has been trading since 2004 and has established an enviable reputation for the quality of our services. From supplying and installing new hardware, to providing server support, application development and data and network security solutions, we offer the complete range of services to our clients – all for a price which offers unbeatable value for money.
Please note: this role is based in our Basildon office therefore we are looking for candidates that are able to easily commute and commit to our shift and work patterns as well as travel to our customer sites. Whilst we try and provide feedback, unfortunately we are unable to respond individually to each applicant. If you do not hear from us within 14 days of submitting your details, you may assume you have not been selected on this occasion. We have an approved supplier process so no Recruitment Agencies please.Apply for this position